Saturday, August 16, 2014

Matchbook Cabernet Sauvignon

Origin: Lake County California |  Year: 2012 | Rating: I like it a lot! | Price: $14| ABV:13.9%


This wine was an adventure of mine. I'm such a white wine snob. I've always been a picky eater. I try something once or twice and I declare for the rest of eternity that I hate it. I did it with eggs. I did it with bacon. And I did it with red wines. 

On the advice of my good friend Katherine, I decided to take a leap of faith and buy a cabernet sauvignon. In the past, I've had cheap reds, and I've choked them down. 

This is different. This is tasty. It's just a hint of sweet without the strong alcohol taste. I just so happened to pair it with spaghetti which, according to the internet, is the perfect pairing. [I totally planned that and am not eating spaghetti for the rest of the month until I get paid.]

In big people language, websites say that it has dark fruits with hints of cedar and tobacco. I'll be honest with you. These decrepit taste buds of mine don't sense any of that. I just think it's yummy and I don't taste all of the complexities.

BUT if you're willing to fork over $14 dollars for a bottle of wine and you wanna drink big girl wine for a change, this is a good one to go for. 

I didn't read any reviews before I bought it. I did the grown up thing and bought the wine because I like the label, as I always do. I can't argue with science. Everyone knows that you can judge a book by it's cover.

It's tasty, the label looks nice, and it makes me feel like an adult when I drink it.

Win, win, win.


No comments:

Post a Comment